Membership Programs

• Posted by suzwkelly on November 16, 2023 at 10:19 am

Hi, we are looking into membership programs and have checked out Plan Forward. If there is a company you suggest please let me know or if you have any comments about membership programs it would be appreciated. Has anyone developed their own membership program at their dental office? If so, I would love to hear about it. Thanks so much and have a great day! Suzanne

suzwkelly replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 7 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Summer

November 16, 2023 at 10:29 am

Good Morning, we have an in-office dental savings plan that we developed on our own. We did not utilize a pre-developed service. Ours is very straight forward and we have one set fee for primary account holders and a slightly lower fee for family add ons. They can choose to pay annually or monthly and the cost is slightly different based on their choice of billing. We do have it set to automatically come out from their debit/credit card on their renewal/due date. The program covers 2 prophies, 2 exams, 1 emergency with an image, and they receive 15% of treatment and 25% over the counter items.

• suzwkelly

November 21, 2023 at 10:54 am

Thank you so much for the information.

• Brittany Piatt

November 16, 2023 at 10:48 am

Hi there!

Our office developed our own in-house membership plan for those patients who do not have insurance. Our specific plan is $325 (adult) and $299 (child). It is a one-time fee and is good for a year before they must renew it again to receive the benefits. The benefits we include for these patients in our plan covers 2 cleanings, check-up x-rays, 2 exams, and 20% off additional treatment (restorative, oral surgery, endo, crowns, etc.) They receive a 10% discount on orthodontics. For perio patients, they receive 2 covered perio maintenance appointments, and they will receive 20% off any further recall appointments. We have implemented this for years now and it works very well for our office!

• suzwkelly

November 21, 2023 at 10:55 am

Thank you Brittany!

• officemanagerrw

November 16, 2023 at 11:07 am

Hi Suzanne!

I have been with Plan Forward for some years now and can honestly say their team is THE BEST! They are readily available whenever there are questions. I would highly recommend them! 😀

• suzwkelly

Appreciate it!

• cameron Reeves

November 16, 2023 at 1:42 pm

Good morning!

My office utilizes a third party program called Kleer! We absolutely love Kleer and so do our patients. They make it quite easy for the patient to enroll both in office and at home. I especially love the payment posting feature as it connects to our Dentrix and will post the payment from patient whether they choose to pay monthly or annually! Saves us a great amount of time and lessens the data entry.

• suzwkelly

Thanks so much!

• xena

November 16, 2023 at 1:52 pm

This is a great question. Our office is in the process of starting a membership program. We are looking at Pearly–and feedback on using this program? Tips, tricks?

• Nelson

November 17, 2023 at 9:32 am

We have managed this In house, with Kleer and now we are moving to Dental Menu. I think you need to look at what works best for you and what amount of work you want to put into the plan.

Self managed:

Benefit: most cost effective. Many PMS can set up discount plans to help you manage this.

Con: Can be very time consuming to post monthly payments, keep track of patients who are lapsed and are currently eligible/active.

Kleer:

Benefit. They have a great customer support team. They service a lot of practices and the can integrate directly into your PMS to help track active patients. Great for a solo practitioner.

Cons: The monthly membership amount does not easily reconcile for included services. All services are typically adjusted to $0 making your write-offs appear extremely high. This ledger activity gets tricky if you pay providers on production/collection based pay. (this may have changed with Kleer recently, and the new integration may take care of this now…). Kleer is not branded as your office. It is branded as their Brand. This may or may not be a concern to you.

Dental Menu: (we are onboarding now…)

Benefit: software makes the membership plan run just like insurance. You do not see the monthly premiums hit your ledger UNTIL included benefits have been performed. All premiums are deposited into an “escrow” account and will be transferred to your Operating Account after services are rendered. You receive an actual EOB to post to the Ledger so all preventative procedures will have direct income posted to the correct Procedure. This makes it very clean to track incentive based pay for multiple providers.

Cons: They take a cut of your revenue. Similar to any company managing membership plans. We have not worked with them long enough to say anything negative. We’re in the honeymoon phase.

Hope this helps

Good luck!

• suzwkelly

November 21, 2023 at 10:56 am

Thank you so much for the information.